Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Choice, An Amazon Reviewer Writes, Damn Her Opinions



This is an actual review of Mikes book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Who is the blithering idiot now Mike ?, July 24, 2012
By
Emmy "Emmy" (Santa Cruz, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Choice: Using Conscious Thought and Physics of the Mind to Reshape the World (Paperback)
I read this book on the recommendation of my son. He was laughing as he handed it to me, and, actually apologized for having me read it. But I was assured that as a retired physics teacher I would find it "amusing."
Ok, I can handle amusing. I can even handle funny. What I cannot handle is complete and utter rubbish being written about a subject I taught for 40 years.

I won't go into each error in the book. That has already been done well enough in the previous reader reviews. What I will say however is that Mike Bara should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. He must know that he is penning tripe. Is it possible that someone who does not understand the simple maths required to calculate the orbit of a satellite would be allowed to get away with writing an entire chapter about such, that is complete bunkum ?

Apparently so. The entire contents of chapter 12 are based on Mike's misunderstanding of orbital calculations. That is to say they must be measured from the center of the planet. Not the surface of the planet. It's such a disgraceful error I am shocked that it found it's way to print. Doesn't Mike have a technical editor ?

He should have. That would have saved him the huge embarrassment of being made look a fool. By the very people he despises.

Emmy

The following Reply is "Parody" in the style of Mike Bara


Well Thank you Emmy for posting that review on Amazon.  I realize that I made a few errors in my book, but that is only because I do not have a clue what I am talking about. I just made it up as I went along. How else do you expect me to become a STAR if I do not have a list of books to form this foundation.

I just figured if I get my face known and do the rounds at UFO conferences people would buy my book on good faith that they would be getting some kind of hidden truth, or words of wisdom.

I on the other hand just want to make money from gullible people that buy into any old poop that self proclaimed experts like me write.

My bank and I thank you for your purchase... No refunds sorry.. if you read the small print it clearly says "sucker beware".

Love n Light and blessings  MB

No comments: